product can often be stored at room temperature from 21°C
/70°F to 28°C /82°F. However, to allow for optimal ease of use, it
is best to store in a cool place
(15°C /59°F to 22°C /72°F), in the refrigerator
or freezer prior to use. This is especially important when this
product is used as a suppository (See Directions).
If the materials in the shell liquefy/melt
during shipping, remove the shells from the packaging, shake/agitate the strips
and then place in the freezer until the product
in the shell hardens (10-15 minutes).
Although the re-hardened material in the shell may be slightly
misshapen, the softening, shaking and cooling of the suppository in no way
alters the effectiveness of the active ingredients or overall
product delivery into the body.
- This product is especially important for patients who are suffering from age related protein malabsorption, a protein deficiency as a symptom or an integral part of the disease process (i.e. Celiac Disease, Crohn’s Disease, Cystic Fibrosis, Fibromyalgia, Restless Leg Syndrome, GERD etcetera) or as a result of having a undergone surgical malabsorption procedures including but not limited to: Gastric Bypass Surgery (RYGB), Biliopancreatic Diversion, Duodenal Switch (BPD/DS), Gastric Sleeve (VSG), Vertical Banded Gastroplasty (VBG) WLS-Bypass and Gastric Band and Mini Gastric Bypass Surgery.
- Case studies have demonstrated this innovative suppository to be a SAFE, COMFORTABLE and CONSISTENTLY EFFECTIVE means to deliver the Essential Amino Acids to treat protein deficiencies. This suppository was first developed for the post surgical Gastric Bypass Surgery patient to conveniently and efficiently deliver a therapeutically effective dosage of Amino Acids of 2-3 suppositories per day
Amino acids play central roles both as building blocks of proteins and as intermediates in metabolism. Proteins not only catalyze most reactions in living cells, they control virtually all cellular processes. The Amino Acid/Protein suppository is a proprietary combination of seven (7) Indispensible amino acids (IAA) and three (3) Dispensable Amino acids (DAA) L-Leucine; L-Isoleucine; L-Valine; L-Lysine; L-Threonine; L-Tryptophan; Histidine Mono HCL; N-Acetyl-Cysteine; L-Arginine Mono HCL and Acetyl-L-Tyrosine that maximizes both absorption and metabolic activity.
*Note that our formula does not include phenylalanine so individuals
who must avoid phenylalanine (Phenylketonuria) as well as individuals
with a more normal metabolism can use this suppository as a complete
amino acid/protein replacement product.
Of special concern is the incidence of Protein Deficiency as the result of poor absorption
and bioavailability of iron as well as the other key factors needed to convert iron into
hemoglobulin in the post surgical Gastric Bypass Surgery patient population.
The most current studies on patients that have undergone Roux en Y Gastric Bypass
Surgery (RYGB), Biliopancreatic Diversion, Duodenal Switch (BPD/DS), Gastric Sleeve (VSG),
Vertical Banded Gastroplasty (VBG) WLS-Bypass and Gastric Band and Mini Gastric Bypass
Surgery have demonstrated that iron deficiency is very common (almost predictable) after this
surgery with anemia occurring in 50%-74% up three years after the surgery and the incidence
and severity of iron deficiency and anemia continuing to increase over time.
Who could benefit from the Zetpil™ Amino Acid/Protein Suppository?
Gastrointestinal tract symptoms are common in patients with malabsorption syndromes and
symptoms range from mild abdominal gaseous distention to severe abdominal pain and vomiting.
Chronic or recurrent diarrhea is by far the most common symptom. Protein malnutrition due to poor
absorption cause alterations of hormones such as IGF-1 (related to human growth hormone),
testosterone and cortisol, and increased lipid peroxidation-Protein malabsorption can also result in
altered metabolism of some elements such as iron (Fe), zinc (Zn), manganese (Mn), selenium (Se)
or copper (Cu)-may contribute to muscle damage in non alcoholic Liver Disease.
There are many conditions where poor protein absorption plays a significant role in the overall health of individuals. These include the following conditions:
- Gastric Bypass Surgery patients. Since the stomach is effectively eliminated as a factor in
absorption as well as the 2 or more feet where most absorption occurs, protein malabsorption
is seen a result of this surgery.
- Protein malabsorption syndrome is involved in many conditions where there is an inability to
- Crohn’s Disease (Ileitis, Ileocolitis and Gastroduodenal Crohn’s Disease)
- Protein malabsorption is a fairly common result of exocrine pancreatic enzyme deficiency,
as occurs in patients with cystic fibrosis. Additionally, vitamin and mineral deficiencies are
also a part of cystic fibrosis.
- Protein malabsorption that results from congenital enterokinase deficiency.
- Celiac disease in its entirety.
- Creatorrhea, loss of protein in the stool (i.e., protein-losing enteropathy), is often caused by
the leakage of protein from the serum due to inflammation of the mucosa, as in Crohn’s disease.
- Secondary malabsorption syndromes that result from liver, pancreas, and intestinal diseases.
- Leaky gut syndrome. Poor absorption is becoming more prevalent and with it, the reality of poor breakdown of proteins contributes to numerous autoimmune response diseases including Chronic Fatigue, Fibromyalgia and Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Age related malabsorption. As we get older we lose the ability to readily digest proteins and
therefore many persons experience symptoms as the result of poor protein absorption.
- Congenital lymphangiectasia, a developmental disorder in which dilation and dysfunction of
intestinal lymphatics occurs, often in association with limb edema (Milroy disease), may present
with severe protein-losing enteropathy without mucosal injury.
Dosage 60 suppositories
Zetpil™ Amino Acid Protein contains
a proprietary blend of the following Amino Acids: L-Leucine; L-Isoleucine;
L-Valine; L-Lysine; L-Threonine; Acetyl-L-Tyrosine; L-Tryptophan and N-Acetyl-Cysteine.
Base: The base is a
proprietary combination of plant and fruit butters, vegetable acids, medium
chain triglycerides, phospholipids, lecithin, vegetable starches, cellulose,
oligosaccharides derivatives, polysaccharides and cycloamylose derivatives.
Recommended use: 2
to 3 per day, or as directed by a health
If you choose to use this product as a rectal suppository, it is
highly recommended you attempt to clear your bowels prior to inserting it to
avoid premature evacuation. To
facilitate insertion it is recommended you moisten the product by passing it
under a stream of cool water or use personal lubricant. When used as a
suppository, this product requires 15-20 minutes retention to ensure the
complete absorption of the bioactive ingredients. This suppository can be
inserted in any position. Although not required, if inserted while lying on
one’s side, consider remaining in the supine position for 1-3 minutes following
insertion. (Always insert flat end of suppository first).
· Although safe
for children, this product should be kept out of the reach of children.
· Do not use if
the suppositories are open or damaged.
· As with any
nutrient if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, seek the advice of a health care
provider before using this product.
product contains an extract from soybeans. This product
is contraindicated in individuals with a known hypersensitivity to
phospholipids, sesame seed oils
or any of the ingredients and should avoid taking this product.
Individuals that have chosen to take this
product as part of a personal nutrient program have overwhelmingly chosen to
utilize this product as a rectal suppository or as a vaginal pessary. However, this product can also be taken
safely by mouth. If one chooses to take this product orally, then this product
may be considered a dietary supplement in accordance with current FDA
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA This
product is a Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act compliant combination of
naturally derived FDA GRAS (Generally regarded As Safe) herbal, nutraceutical,
vitamins, minerals and amino acids products legally sold in the USA. In accordance with FDA regulations, when taken orally, this product
may be considered a dietary supplement as defined by section 201(ff) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. § 321(ff), nor is this
product a drug as defined in section
201(g)(1) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. § 321(g)(1). This product is not intended to
affect the structure or function of the body and is not intended for use in the
diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment or prevention of disease in man. Any
nutritional suggestions and research regarding this product are provided for
informational purposes only, and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or
prevent disease nor should any information provided be used as a substitute for sound medical advice.
Farmaceutische Zetpillen BV Ltd –
Essentiële Nutriënten, Nutraceutische en Kruiden Afdeling, St. Johns, Antigua
Distributed by Zetpil Nutritionals USA,
Lake Worth, Florida 33467 (561) 682-1101
NOT TO BE TAKEN BY MOUTH
It is highly recommended you attempt to clear your bowels prior to inserting a suppository to
avoid premature evacuation after the suppository has been inserted. Insertion is with the blunt
end first. To facilitate insertion it is recommended you moisten suppository with warm water. Zetpil™ suppositories require a minimum of 20-30 minutes in the rectum to ensure adequate absorption of the ingredients. If inserted while lying on one’s side, consider remaining in the
supine position for 10 minutes following insertion.
CONTRAINDICATIONS: This product is contraindicated in individuals with a known
hypersensitivity phospholipids, sesame seeds or any of the ingredients should avoid taking this product.
- Note: Storing this product at room temperature will not alter the effectiveness or potency. However a firm suppository is necessary for a comfortable and easy insertion. Therefore we recommend that this product be stored in the refrigerator
to maintain firmness. If the suppository does become soft, place the suppository
in the refrigerator to achieve the firmness needed for comfortable insertion. Avoid excessive heat 40°C (104°F). Store in a cool place 8° to 15°C (46° to 59°F) or refrigerate.
Disclaimer: The statements above have not been evaluated by the FDA. The nutritional suggestions and research provided are for informational purposes only and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease and should not be used as a substitute for sound medical advice. Please see your health care professional in all matters pertaining to your physical health. Based on Current
Please note that current FDA safety regulations indicate that the suppositories cannot
be returned and are therefore non-refundable.